he Groton Film Society developed a TV show on the local cable channel, Movie Talk. The show focused on movie-oriented topics; in the past we have entertained guests in a talk-show format and featured film reviews.
We produced five episodes from January to May 2008; the most recent Movie Talk show was taped on May 21, 2008.
In November 2008 we began experimenting with a new format, dubbed Behind the Screen. These 1/2-hour shows are taped immediately following our monthly screenings, and capture members' discussion about the film they have just shared. Behind the Screen is hosted by Crissey Safford.
Viewers in the local area can watch Movie Talk / Behind the Screen on channel 12 in Groton and Pepperell, channel 13 in Dunstable, and channel 15 in Harvard, MA. After we tape a new show, for a few weeks you can catch the program on the following schedule:
Mondays at 8:00 pm
Tuesdays at 8:00 pm
Thursdays at 4:30 pm
Fridays at 10:30 pm
Saturdays at 8:00 pm
Here are the recorded Movie Talk episodes (all dates in 2008), hosted at Google Video:
- Episode 5: May 21 — guests: Bill Quigley and the director and cast members from “A Year With Frog and Toad”
- Episode 4: April 16 — guests: members of Groton Local and one of the producers of "King Corn"
- Episode 3: March 26 — guest: director of United Cerebral Palsy of Massachusetts
- Episode 2: February 20 — guest: Frank Fechner
- Episode 1: January 30 — inaugural show, call-in (no guests)
Google Video is no longer accepting submissions of new footage, so the Behind the Screen episodes are not available in that form.
GFS would like to extend thanks to the local cable access studio, The Groton Channel, for hosting Movie Talk, and for their guidance, enthusiasm, and professionalism as we have developed the show.